Monday, December 28, 2009

An Explosion of All Things Good

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long, gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

This is the chorus to one of the songs on my new Skillet CD that I got for Christmas. I think it is now officially my favorite song, and it is really tugging at my heart. I do not want to be that girl.. that girl who walks blindly through life without a thought or glance at what is truly important.

This blog is basically the definition of a ramble. I have so much on my mind.. so many GOOD and wonderful things. I feel like I could not even begin to describe to you what God is doing in my life. His love is absolutely amazing.. and the blessings He is pouring on me leave me sitting here bubbly and in awe. I am learning daily how BIG my God is.. and if you have had any sort of conversation with me in the past few days I have probably brought the topic up. It feels impossible NOT to talk about the things He is doing in my life right now.

I have gone through so much in my life, some of you know and some of you do not, and lately I have been reflecting on those low moments.. trying to gain a lesson out of it. Sometimes we need to take the time to look back over our lives and allow ourselves to look past the hurt and pain someone might have placed on us, and instead see the way God carried us through. The way He brought someone else in our lives to help us out. The way a death or a sickness in our family could possibly have snapped us back to reality. The way He moved. It is SO important to periodically reflect on those times, and it could be beneficial to share your past with others. Whether you like it or not, the past is part of you and your mistakes are part of your testimony.

Okay enough about the past, it is the present that is so exciting right now. Scroll back up and read the lyrics to that song again. ---------- ..did you do it? I hope so haha.. okay. Today is a wonderful day. I think far too often that we let it slip by. A lot of times we focus only on the past.. even if we are looking at it for good, like lessons we have learned. But what is God doing in your life today? What are you learning right now? And how can we live that out?

I am learning so much right now, and it is amazing that I do not have to stumble and fall to learn it. I am learning who I am, and who God is, simply through the people He has placed in my life. I am learning that God has a purpose and a plan in EVERYTHING He does. Sometimes I cannot see it, sometimes I do not want to see it, but He does.

I hope that you read all of that and did not just skim through. Take time today to get up, get out, and reconnect with the people you know around you. Not through Facebook, not over AIM, but sit down one on one or in a group, and talk about how God is working in your lives. If you feel like He is not working in your life, or everything is falling apart, maybe you are not allowing Him to work in your life. It could be a long process, it could be a painful process. But it is such an amazing process. We serve an awesome God who does awesome things. Use today to learn and move on, because we are not promised a tomorrow.

"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." --James 4:14

No comments:

Post a Comment