Friday, February 12, 2010

Four Years.

Well today is February 12th. Four years ago to this very day we were traveling through about a foot of snow to move down south.

Four years ago today, I was bitter, selfish, and very upset. But looking back, I am SO glad my parents made the decision to move, because if they didn't, I would not be the girl I am today.

It is the challenging times in our lives that allow us to grow stronger and develop into the people that God has called us to be. If I did not move, then I would still be comfortable. I would not have met all the wonderfully amazing people I know today.

Four years ago today, I was mad at God, and I was mad at my parents. But now I am so grateful for the calling they felt to move down here. I told myself I would never like it here.. and things would never be the same. I was right. I do not like it here, I LOVE it here. And things truly aren't the same. They are better. I am a better person.

If you are in a rough circumstance where your world is changing, twisting, and crashing, hold tight to the love God has for you. Things might be hard now, but when the storm clouds break and the sun bursts through, you will see the flowers blooming. Flowers with vibrant colors that could only stay alive with rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment