Thursday, June 11, 2009

Welcome :]

~~ Welcome to my blog. You may be asking what possessed me to start yet another online outlet of expression to follow and try to keep up with. However, I find that it makes a lot of sense. I've followed blogs that women post during their pregnancies.. I've heard of people writing about the journey to marriage.. and even the super mom's who blog while their kids are at school or taking a nap. I found myself wanting to do that. Something to look back on as time goes by. Beginning a blog on my 18th birthday then, seemed like an excellent way to start. For those of you who are interested.. or just wanting to know what's going on in my crazy life.. this is for you. As well as for me, to get my thoughts out and look back one day at the time that has flown by.

~~ The name of this blog was one of those spur of the moment names. I was struggling to come up with something.. so I just typed in the first thing that came to mind. I like it though.. [which is good because I don't think I can change it]. These are my thoughts.. my ramblings.. this is my blog. So "Ramblings of a Spazio" seemed to fit. :]
I'm still getting the hang of this, but I'll get it all figured out one day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~ I guess I should start this all off by writing about the events leading up to my 18th birthday. I spent yesterday with the joys of being young. I almost feared that some zap of lightning would strike me at midnight, and make me an adult. I slept in a bit.. then watched Camp Rock with my younger sisters. It had an interesting fan-girl kind of appeal to it.. definitely targeted at the younger age groups. Later on I walked through Target with Jordan and Kimberly with a pair of black polka-dotted rain boots on. Later that night, I anxiously awaited midnight.. however.. after much disappointment I soon fell asleep. There was a lot of lightning, but not the "zap" I was looking for.

~~ This morning when I woke up, I still felt the same. I ate some left over graduation cake for breakfast, and got ready for my day. Mackie came over and we spread out a picnic at the park. The air was humid, and infested with mosquitoes. Afterward we went and saw Disney Pixar's UP, and had a blast. Really good movie. My mom made a wonderful Chicken Cordon Blu casserole for supper, then some Wii tournaments and pool games followed. Much to my disappointment, I still felt the same. However, I'm thankful that 18 year-olds are still allowed to watch cute Disney movies and play Wii bowling.

~~ The best part of the day though, in my opinion, is right now. Sitting down alone, looking back. 18 is a big number. I often find myself saying phrases like, "When I was younger.." and "Remember that one time a few years ago.." The present is becoming the past. I'm growing up, and looking back at "childhood memories." Everything around me is changing. So there may not have been a "zap" of adulthood thrust upon me, but I feel older. You never realize how many years are flying by until you stand still.

~~ On a lighter note.. age doesn't even matter. Age seems to just be the levels of past you have behind you. The memory meter or something like that. Age is just a number.. it's your life that matters. Granted that age does have a little to do with legal things like drinking, smoking, voting, and getting your driver's license.. but when it comes to matters of simple life.. there is no limit.

~~ There is never anyone who is too old to have a little fun every once in a while, whether that means silly string fights in the park [or car.. but I don't suggest that].. or clomping through Target in rain boots with the tags still on them. Take a moment to stand still, remember the joys of the past.. laugh at the fun times.. and then turn right around and face the future with a smile on your face, and in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment